I wrote this book for the beginner quilter who has just fallen down a rabbit's hole. I wrote it for the seasoned quilter who needs a little fresh inspiration or a look into other ways of making. I wrote it for the quilter who just wants to look at yummy photos and hear a bit of rambling from a fellow quilt maker. I wrote it for my grandma whose well used hands would pet her quilts and tell me where the fabric came from. I wrote it for us, I wrote it for YOU.
- A soft cover wire bound book will be mailed to you.
- Patterns are all beginner friendly and play with color combinations.
- Skills that are required are straight line sewing, making flying geese and snowballing. THAT'S ALL!
- Some of the quilts are quite quick and some may take a bit longer.
- My favorite part of this book is that it comes with FIVE quilt patterns (no side projects, just quilts!).
- Smallest pattern is 60x60", largest pattern is 76x96".
- Patterns included are Mariposa, Lulu Louise, Sassy Granny, Hello Posy and Attic Window.
- All patterns are illustrated. If you like the look of my usual patterns, the book patterns are just like them. Very easy to understand and read!
- There are 64 pages in the book.
- All patterns are fat quarter friendly, except one.
- I've tucked methods, memories and ramblings within these pages.
- I will be running quilt alongs for each of these patterns in 2022.
- Use #ALifewithQuilts for sharing on Instagram.
- Find the coordinating quilt labels here.
- Want more details about the quilts? See this post here.
Copyright - Book and patterns are for personal use only. No duplication or sharing is allowed.
You may sell quilts created from this pattern on a small scale as long as you credit Southern Charm Quilts as the pattern designer.
35 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I purchased the book specifically for the Posey quilt, but after looking at the book, I do plan to work on a couple other of the quilts. I purchased my fabric from Melanie and love using it with the Posey quilt.
Love every project in this quilt book. I'm planning to make every one of these quilts. The color palettes just amazing.
I've been a fan of Melanie's for years. Her and her quilts were what inspired me to want to learn quilting. I love the book and can't wait to start on the patterns! Thank you for sharing your talent and your love for quilting. You are a true inspiration!
I absolutely love the quilts in the book. I plan to make 3 or 4 of them. Melanie has a real talent and a specific style that I love.
Love this quilt book! Beautiful quilts and a fun read. The spiral binding was a nice touch. Wish all my quilts books were bound this way.
I absolutely love this book. I love how Melanie's fabrics are put together so beautifully. Her patterns are easy to follow. I started many quilts and never finished a quilt top until I purchased her La La Fancy pattern. I was so excited I couldn't wait to finish the top!
I love this book. It has five gorgeous quilt patterns with lots of helpful tips and tricks! There's great information about piecing a back that I haven't seen in any other pattern before.
I love this book. I look forward to having time to make all the quilts in this book. Excellent