I wrote this book for the beginner quilter who has just fallen down a rabbit's hole. I wrote it for the seasoned quilter who needs a little fresh inspiration or a look into other ways of making. I wrote it for the quilter who just wants to look at yummy photos and hear a bit of rambling from a fellow quilt maker. I wrote it for my grandma whose well used hands would pet her quilts and tell me where the fabric came from. I wrote it for us, I wrote it for YOU.
- A soft cover wire bound book will be mailed to you.
- Patterns are all beginner friendly and play with color combinations.
- Skills that are required are straight line sewing, making flying geese and snowballing. THAT'S ALL!
- Some of the quilts are quite quick and some may take a bit longer.
- My favorite part of this book is that it comes with FIVE quilt patterns (no side projects, just quilts!).
- Smallest pattern is 60x60", largest pattern is 76x96".
- Patterns included are Mariposa, Lulu Louise, Sassy Granny, Hello Posy and Attic Window.
- All patterns are illustrated. If you like the look of my usual patterns, the book patterns are just like them. Very easy to understand and read!
- There are 64 pages in the book.
- All patterns are fat quarter friendly, except one.
- I've tucked methods, memories and ramblings within these pages.
- I will be running quilt alongs for each of these patterns in 2022.
- Use #ALifewithQuilts for sharing on Instagram.
- Find the coordinating quilt labels here.
- Want more details about the quilts? See this post here.
Copyright - Book and patterns are for personal use only. No duplication or sharing is allowed.
You may sell quilts created from this pattern on a small scale as long as you credit Southern Charm Quilts as the pattern designer.
46 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a very engaging book. I have made 4 quilts from this book with plans to make all of them. Melanie's directions are very easy to follow, resulting in a beautiful quilt top. I am in love with this book and her stories.
This is such a beautiful book, and has wonderful patterns!
Wonderful book with the absolute best patterns. I have plans to make every quilt in the book! I love every pattern!
I love this book. It is the first quilt book I have read cover to cover! Every pattern is totally doable and so lovely. Great advice for me as a relatively new quilter(2 years now). I am also really drawn to Melanie's style and colorways. I have looked at this book many times since it arrived and always feel like I'm sitting with a really good friend.
Love the book, it’s beautiful simple easy to read and informative.
Lovely book - great pics, info, and directions for the lovely quilts on the cover. I highly recommend it :)
One of the loveliest quilting books I’ve ever read. The pictures are so beautiful and the print is vibrant. I love the little inserts about the author and the little extra bits aside from patterns. I have it on my coffee table because it’s so stunning - it adds a bit of charm to our living room. The patterns are clear the photos beside the instructions are very clear, I just love this book ! And the spiral binding was very thoughtful! Can’t wait for her next quilting book!
I love everything about this book.
Lovely book! Excellent balance of pictures and text. Instructions are easy to follow. Well written.