I wrote this book for the beginner quilter who has just fallen down a rabbit's hole. I wrote it for the seasoned quilter who needs a little fresh inspiration or a look into other ways of making. I wrote it for the quilter who just wants to look at yummy photos and hear a bit of rambling from a fellow quilt maker. I wrote it for my grandma whose well used hands would pet her quilts and tell me where the fabric came from. I wrote it for us, I wrote it for YOU.
- A soft cover wire bound book will be mailed to you.
- Patterns are all beginner friendly and play with color combinations.
- Skills that are required are straight line sewing, making flying geese and snowballing. THAT'S ALL!
- Some of the quilts are quite quick and some may take a bit longer.
- My favorite part of this book is that it comes with FIVE quilt patterns (no side projects, just quilts!).
- Smallest pattern is 60x60", largest pattern is 76x96".
- Patterns included are Mariposa, Lulu Louise, Sassy Granny, Hello Posy and Attic Window.
- All patterns are illustrated. If you like the look of my usual patterns, the book patterns are just like them. Very easy to understand and read!
- There are 64 pages in the book.
- All patterns are fat quarter friendly, except one.
- I've tucked methods, memories and ramblings within these pages.
- I will be running quilt alongs for each of these patterns in 2022.
- Use #ALifewithQuilts for sharing on Instagram.
- Find the coordinating quilt labels here.
- Want more details about the quilts? See this post here.
Copyright - Book and patterns are for personal use only. No duplication or sharing is allowed.
You may sell quilts created from this pattern on a small scale as long as you credit Southern Charm Quilts as the pattern designer.
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have enjoyed the book, so far. I like the methods and quilt patterns. I was a little disappointed that the book was not signed. Especially buying it direct from Melanie. Perhaps she could do that in the future.
Will probably make them all!!!
So, so good!! I am excited to make all the quilts . Melanie has a clear and fun way of writing and you can’t go wrong!!
Well written patterns, beautiful full color pictures, and helpful tips.
Amazing! Love the spiral for the binding of the book!
I LOVE this book! The patterns are extremely well written and easy to follow. Plus, they are just gorgeous and so impressive when you are done! They are designed to be finished. I love when a quilt pattern engages me and keeps me going because I want to see it done! The icing on the cake is that spiral binding so the book lays flat when you are using it! Yes!!! Every quilt book should take a hint and do this!
I have purchased fabrics to make the Mariposa. I love the designs and plan to make sassy granny as well.
The quilt photography was beautiful. I loved your stories and all of the patterns.
This is a fabulous quilt pattern book with such lovely patterns that are recognizable blocks but are made modern and updated. Melanie puts a tremendous amount of thought into her patterns in making them easy to understand with clear directions and diagrams every step of the way. She includes tips on every pattern along with personal stories that make you feel that you’re working together in her quilt studio—utterly charming! The pages are colorful, heavy weight to last a life time of abuse, and SPIRAL BOUND so it’ll lay flat on your quilt table. Well thought out in every respect. Make sure to buy one for yourself and for that person in your life who wants to start their own quilty journey! I highly recommend this book!