I wrote this book for the beginner quilter who has just fallen down a rabbit's hole. I wrote it for the seasoned quilter who needs a little fresh inspiration or a look into other ways of making. I wrote it for the quilter who just wants to look at yummy photos and hear a bit of rambling from a fellow quilt maker. I wrote it for my grandma whose well used hands would pet her quilts and tell me where the fabric came from. I wrote it for us, I wrote it for YOU.
- A soft cover wire bound book will be mailed to you.
- Patterns are all beginner friendly and play with color combinations.
- Skills that are required are straight line sewing, making flying geese and snowballing. THAT'S ALL!
- Some of the quilts are quite quick and some may take a bit longer.
- My favorite part of this book is that it comes with FIVE quilt patterns (no side projects, just quilts!).
- Smallest pattern is 60x60", largest pattern is 76x96".
- Patterns included are Mariposa, Lulu Louise, Sassy Granny, Hello Posy and Attic Window.
- All patterns are illustrated. If you like the look of my usual patterns, the book patterns are just like them. Very easy to understand and read!
- There are 64 pages in the book.
- All patterns are fat quarter friendly, except one.
- I've tucked methods, memories and ramblings within these pages.
- I will be running quilt alongs for each of these patterns in 2022.
- Use #ALifewithQuilts for sharing on Instagram.
- Find the coordinating quilt labels here.
- Want more details about the quilts? See this post here.
Copyright - Book and patterns are for personal use only. No duplication or sharing is allowed.
You may sell quilts created from this pattern on a small scale as long as you credit Southern Charm Quilts as the pattern designer.
50 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Received my book and I am thrilled! Beautifully done and have really enjoyed reading about your quilting journey, your insights and pep talk!!
I am loving this book, the photos are lovely and I’m enjoying all of Melanie’s comments and stories.
I’m using the sassy granny pattern for my granddaughter’s high school graduation quilt.
This book was written with a lot of love. The direction, the photos and most importantly the patterns are beautiful. I will be making most of them.
This is a very engaging book. I have made 4 quilts from this book with plans to make all of them. Melanie's directions are very easy to follow, resulting in a beautiful quilt top. I am in love with this book and her stories.
This is such a beautiful book, and has wonderful patterns!
Wonderful book with the absolute best patterns. I have plans to make every quilt in the book! I love every pattern!
I love this book. It is the first quilt book I have read cover to cover! Every pattern is totally doable and so lovely. Great advice for me as a relatively new quilter(2 years now). I am also really drawn to Melanie's style and colorways. I have looked at this book many times since it arrived and always feel like I'm sitting with a really good friend.
Love the book, it’s beautiful simple easy to read and informative.