This listing is for WHOLESALE customers only. Each pattern is printed on an 8.5"x11.5" paper booklet enclosed in a clear plastic envelope. You will receive 5 copies of the pattern.
Copyright - Pattern is for personal use only. No duplication or sharing of pattern is allowed. If you are running a quilt along, class or any group project, all members of your group must have their own copy of the pattern.
Bohippian is a basic Grandmother's Flower Garden (GFG) style quilt, a very popular pattern style in the 1900s. Though they remain popular, it's hard to find a modern GFG quilt pattern. That's why I've written the Bohippian pattern.
You'll notice a few differences between the GFG quilts of the past and Bohippian. With Bohippian, the hexagons are larger and instead of the zigzag edge on the perimeter of the quilt, it has a modern straight edge. Also, this pattern uses only 4 fabrics and all the cutting instructions are given upfront.
If you've never tried English paper piecing (EPP), I'll walk you through it with both this pattern and video tutorials. This pattern is written to take out all the guesswork, plus includes helpful charts to keep up with the work you've completed. The Bohippian pattern is broken up into three sections, based on the project sizes.
Epp is meant to be worked through slowly. It's a restful and mediative hobby that will keep your hands busy while the rest of your body relaxes. Don't rush it! Instead take your time and let the quilt be finished on a natural timeframe.
Blogged about the quilts I made with this pattern here.
- Pattern will be mailed to you.
- Skill Level: Beginner ENGLISH PAPER PIECING
- Skills Used: Basic EPP skills needed, video tutorials included in pattern.
- Speed: Very time consuming
- 3 Sizes: Pillow - 20"x20", Crib - 36"x46", Throw - 70"x74"
- 21 illustrated pages.
- Pattern includes a scrappy backing guide.
- Pattern has lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding).
- Use #BohippianQuilt for sharing on Instagram.
- Personalized label found here.
- Kit page available here.
*Copyright - Pattern is for personal use only. No duplication or sharing is allowed.
*You may sell quilts created from this pattern on a small scale as long as you credit Southern Charm Quilts as the pattern designer.