Sugar Bear is a spin on the traditional and popular bear claw block. Instead of using half square triangles as the "claws", this pattern uses half rectangle triangles, giving it a more modern look.
Sugar Bear is also a sampler quilt (every block is unique) and meant to read and worked through as a quilt along. Most of the fabric cutting will take with each block, though we will cut all the background prior to working on the blocks.
Since I've written this as a quilt along, you'll notice at the bottom of most pages is a green box that will take you to a blog post with pictures, tips and tutorials for each block. This way you can work through the quilt in your own time and still get the feeling of working on your quilt with me.
This quilt is made easier with the use of the Half Rectangle Triangle Ruler by Southern Charm Quilts, find it here.
- PDF instant download
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Skills Used: HRT, HST, Snowballing
- Speed: Fairly quick once you move past the half-rectangle triangles
- Size: 70x70"
- Video tutorials included for almost every step
- Clickable pattern with built in video tutorials
- Fat quarter friendly
- Pattern has lots of helpful links included (including methods for basting, quilting and binding)
- Find everything you need for Sugar Bear here
- Personalized quilt label especially for this quilt here
- Use #SugarBearQuilt for sharing on Instagram
- You will find download link on the receipt page. Click "download files" and save this pattern on your device. You will also be sent an email with download included.
- Pattern link is only valid for 45 days. Be sure to save the pattern on your device before then.
- If you don't receive an email, please check your spam folder before contacting me for assistance.
PATTERN is 17 pages and may take some time to download.
Copyright - Pattern is for personal use only. No duplication or sharing is allowed.
You may sell quilts created from this pattern on a small scale as long as you credit Southern Charm Quilts as the pattern designer.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Such a fun quilt and very easy to navigate instructions!
Great pattern, I have three of Melanie’s patterns. The are well written and easy to follow! Love her work!
Great easy instructions, also great support via video sew along. This was my first quilt along.
Extremely well written and easy to follow! Thank you so much!
The pattern is very well explained. Directions and instructions are clear!